11.12.2008

what a ride...

it's been!


Cecily Anne was born Oct. 26th at 6:12 pm. 7 lbs 11 oz, 19 1/2 inches long. totally natural! yeah! i did it! i did ask twice for drugs, but i realized how dilated i was and decided i could do it! With the help of Ben and our doula, Karen. The contractions were by far the worst part and the pushing was a good release. we've been at home adjusting to our new life. Ben is back to work and it was a bit scary the first day, but today is better! we've already been lots of places (not today, but the first two weeks) including the mall, target, lowes, home depot, and to see our families. They say to sleep when then baby sleeps, but when are you supposed to do the dishes, laundry, emails, and try to feel normal? Nursing is my biggest struggle right now, and it's not even that bad. Well, maybe the sleepless nights are my biggest struggle??? ha! i just want to be THE BEST MOM for Cecily. however that is, whatever that is. now i need to work on finishing my thank you cards and get out the invites for our "sip & see" shower for our families and friends who have not seen her! I'm a busy girl! I'm a busy MOM! what!? woot! much love....

2 comments:

meleiarw said...

wow - I didn't think that you would be able to find the time to blog a.c. {after cecily}

but I like it - keep it coming
kiss that little ball of baby for me please

Practical Traci said...

cant wait to meet her!